Board of Governor Fee Waiver (BOGFW)
The Board of Governor Fee Waiver (BOGFW) is a state-wide program, exclusive to community colleges. Applicants must be California residents.
The BOGFW offers the following benefits:
Waives Tuition Fee
Waives a Portion of the Parking Permit Fee
The application process for a Fee Waiver begins in the fall. If the student applies in the fall, the fee waiver will apply for the fall, spring and summer. The application process is simple and no minimum number of units are required. Applications are available on the Fullerton College website click on MyGateway and click on WebStar.
The following outlines the three qualification methods:
1) Receiving monthly cash assistance
2) Dependent student whose parents are receiving TANF/CalWorks or SSI/SSP as sole source of income
3) Eligible dependent of a United States Veteran
4) Recipient of the Congressional Medal of Honor, child of a recipient, or a dependent of a victim of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack
5) Dependent of a deceased law enforcement/fire suppression personnel killed in the line of duty
Unmet need, through the completion of a FAFSA application.
TIP: You must re-apply each academic year.
What is the BOG Fee Waiver?